Friday, October 15, 2010

festive

this is my attempt to be festive:

I have been attempting a lot of new things lately.. post to come on that soon.

But back to being festive. I love it when people decorate their homes according to the seasons and make them smell like yummy sugar cookies, or apple orchards, or pine trees - how cozy! It is totally candle weather! And we all know how much I like candles ... wink wink

So, I was at target and wanted to get in on the festivities. I have always wanted to... ever since I was a little girl.....

Then I see the price tags. Is it slightly ridiculous that I scrunch my nose at tags that read $9.99 for a fake decorative pumpkin??

But they are soooo CUUUUUTE and festive! Needless to say, I didn't buy the fake pumpkin, even though it would look so cute on my fireplace's mantel - I just feel silly for spending $10 on something just to sit and look pretty when there are babies that need a home and by golly, I CAN'T TAKE THE PUMPKIN TO HEAVEN WITH ME!

SOAP BOX!!

hehehe, but seriously - eternal value? Where is my treasure at?

All in all, I found a good middle ground and got some things with multiple purposes.

Candy dish AND decoration

Candles AND sweet smelling pumpkin spice aroma makers

...and they came in a two pack :)

Happy Fall, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. My mother-in-law has boxes of decorations for every season and this fall she let me have first pick. It was so sweet of her. And our apartment looks a little festive.

    LOVE the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete