Saturday, January 23, 2010

Voddie Baucham Jr., "If God is powerful and good...."

If God is powerful and so good, why do bad things happen?




Makes a good point in the fact that this age old question is asked the wrong way.
If God can see such bad things: my sin past, present and future and know the ick that wars in our hearts daily - then why would He, being perfectly just, keep me from the immediate death I deserve for sin (romans 6:23) and in His power be so good in saving me and granting me a free gift, undeserved, of eternal life with Him through His Son Jesus Christ?

Now that's a question.

Voddie is right when saying that the question posed at the beginning is taking the focus off the real problem and throwing it "out there." As if the bad stuff as no connection to sinful human nature and has everything to do with the Just, Holy, all good God of the universe.

Makes ya think....

No comments:

Post a Comment