Tuesday, May 19, 2009

cooking disasters part III - aka YUCK

Well, I already posted 2 other incredibly discusting stories of my cooking mishaps - so why not throw in another story just for the fun of it! There is no better way to build a humble heart in the kitchen than telling stories like these.

Pepsi Pot Roast

Now the actual title itself sounds like a disaster, but it is actually totally YUM!
So, my dad was in town and I had told him about this very interesting recipe that I tried and really enjoy - it was Pepsi Pot Roast.

You literelly take a roast, place it in the crock pot, and pour a mixture of cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix and a pepsi onto it - cover, cook, enjoy! (try it sometime)
Well, my dad totally got the biggest kick out of the fact that I would use pepsi to create a pot roast.... soooooooo I decided that I would make a feast of food when he was here so that he could try (and favorably approve of) my roast!

I must have had the most prideful heart of all 'aspiring homemakers' that evening because the Lord smote me!

When I believed it was cooked to perfection, I was willing to try to "perfect" it more by adding just a bit of corn starch to thicken up the gravy. Sounds yummy right...?? Of course it does, and it would have been AWESOME if I would have indeed used corn starch!

As I dump, I realize I have grabbed the BAKING SODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?????????

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POT ROAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It stunk, literally - it made the weirdest smell. I had do a dinner version of the heimlich maneuver on my poor dying meal. According to the men, "it tasted great, you couldn't even taste the screw up."

I, on the other hand, was about to gag.

So, there you have it. Yet another embarrassing tale from the Seger Kitchen. I am sure there will be more to come in the future, or maybe you just might be over for dinner when I slip some baking soda into you meal.... muuuaahh ha ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment