- labor - I am excited and equally as nervous about it. I'm not sure what to expect and would love the Lords relaxing touch as I endure. As well as reflect on the representation of how weighty my sin is and its reason for the pain of childbirth. Then in turn God amazing saving and sustaining grace!
- That the Lord would comfort, protect, and sustain me during labor and give Jonathan wisdom on how to help, comfort and encourage me through it.
- That our baby would be kept healthy during the remaining pregnancy and safe during labor/delivery.. I am sure it is pretty intense being squeezed through such a small space, welcome to the world little fella!
- That God would set His love on our little one and save him
- That our little boy would grow to be a man of the word!
- That as parents, God would give us the grace to bring him up in the ways of the Lord - and learn from examples set around us.
- As parents, we would be sensitive to God's will for our little boy's life and parent him according to it.
Our dear friend Gary put it in perfect terms when he said: "There are few things we can do in this life to impact eternity. One, would be to lead someone to Christ - and two, would be to bring a life into this world."
That is the weight of it!
Not to scare people out of having children - but to encourage! Let that encourage you, to have an impact on eternity by raising up sons and daughters to see the beauty of a Sovereign Holy God who's grace is sufficient. What an impact and beautiful evangelism.