Monday, August 24, 2009

exciting news.... it will take a while to get there though!

Usually, I do not expect anything exciting to come out of a Monday but today..... different story!

Ready?
... here we go...

I went to work (yay, yay,... boring... movin' on) but it wasn't totally boring, because I got a cinnamon and sugar bagel from Einstein Bagels... toasted with butter, you know, the usual. And it totally reminded me of college. So as I walked back to work with bagel in hand I reminisced of the mornings that I was running so very late to class, but because of my passion for round cinnamon carbs, cut in half and melty - yes melty- butter and steamy fresh coffee - I still stopped by the bagel shop. (Could I really help the fact that I lived right around the corner???) Then, the thing with getting it to go was that I could not refill on their "darn good coffee" (I get the euro french roast, bold and yummy) soooo...there I was filling it to the brim grabbed a lid, and would wrap napkins around the top. I had learned my lesson, and knew how it felt to be walking so awkwardly fast and having "darn hot coffee" slosh out of the tiny drinking spout onto my hand ( 2nd degree burns!). So there I would be, to prideful to run, so instead walking so fast that my swinging hips could knock a small child to here to California, walking into class just on time, worrying classmates that I was experiencing an asthma attack - when really I was trying to catch my breathe that I lost back somewhere near the student union....

the good ole days...

But, that was not the exciting news....

After work, I went to the mall and took advantage of a 40% coupon at Aerie and got some extremely comfortable and amazing yoga-ish pants .. they have a folding waist band, so I figure them to be perfect for a growing belly - and I just got such a good deal! Not to mention and incredibly awesome fashion scarf - can't wait for fall... ( but I am totally cheating and wearing right now, as I type... it is glorious, I am a fan of the scarf)

But that is not the exciting news either.... I promise I am getting to it!

On my way home I remember that I had an apple in my purse, yay, so I ate - it was YUM, and then remembered that I needed lotion, but not any lotion - Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula! ha, I do not have stretch marks - and I really hope that I don't get them... but come what may, I am in this for the long haul... there is no turn back now. So I don't really need it... I just thought that I would be proactive, but even more so, I have terribly dry skin... and my eczema has had flared up bad since being pregnant - so why not kill 2 birds with one stone? It feels so good, it is very smooth - I lathered myself up so good, I felt good.
Oh by the way, I finally started taking belly shots... and I hope that it is not totally inappropriate to literally take them of my belly - but I did, don't hate....

15 weeks..I am actually 16 weeks now, I took this last week, maybe I will remember to take another tomorrow and post it too.. I wonder if there has been any progress?

But now, that was not even the highlight.... I bet you are getting a little bugged and wish that I would just get to the exciting news. Ok fine, I will.

When I finally made my way down to get the mail, guess what I found in our box?!

Guess...! Seriously...

Robin Hood, Men in Tights - THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how else to exclaim my excitement, except through a lot of exclamation points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen this movie? Do you even know how awesome and funny it is? Well it is, it really really is! Jenna and I would watch it over and over again... we know practically every line. When I was telling Jonathan about it, and the fact that I could hardly WAIT until it arrived, I quoted 1/2 the movie to him... then I realized, I am probably boring him, and taking away from how incredibly HILARIOUS it is! He still laughed at me, he always does.. he is good at that.... it is actually the first encounter we ever had.. him laughing at me when I was trying to order my food. It was cute, it was love, it was forever.....

ha! ok... I am apparently in a very delirious mood, most likely caused by the aroma of the delicious meal in the oven, which was most likely caused by extreme hunger, which is most likely cause by the baby inside me, which was most likely caused by.... WHOA! no, I am not going there.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment