Friday, August 28, 2009

Dear Lord, thank you for this food. Amen

I haven't really experienced the whole, urgent craving thing that many pregnant women are known to experience.... but I sure have been enjoying some certain things in a way that I have never experienced before ;o)

Honestly, it is usually because I see someone eating it and then suddenly have a hunger for the same thing! It always happens at work - and funny enough, with one co-worker: Madi. I swear I was about to jump across the table and devour every last spaghetti noodle on her plate last week, but I instead opted to just call Giordano's next door and order myself a plate. It still didn't look as good as hers did, ahem...

Then, monday I was running late to work so I gave her a call letting her know where I was. Somehow she leaked the fact that she was reeeaaaallllllllllly wanting a sesame bagel with cream cheese from Dunkin Donuts.... do you see where I am going with this? Although a sesame bagel did not really appeal to me, an old fashion donut with some hazelnut coffee sure did!

Cream and suger? YES PLEASE!

I cannot even desribe to you how slowly I ate that precious donut. I wanted to savor every stinkin' bite (and the angels sang!) glorious, GLORIOUS.

So naturally I want to go back there the next day, and the next day, and the next day... Well, I finally caved and went last night to get a treat!

me: "I'll take 2 old fashioned donuts and 2 chocolate covered long johns"

(NO! the long johns were not for me, they were for Jonathan... he requested them, thank you very much!)

guy: "Do you just want a 1/2 dozen, I'll just charge you for the 4...." (with a "duuhh" look on his face)

me: "SURE! lets add a chocolate covered old fashion and another long john... (with a "duuhh" look on my face)

MANNA FROM HEAVEN! RAIN DOWN ON ME!

As if the one donut was not enough already, why don't we go ahead and make it 1/2 a dozen! I mean common, lets see what this pregnant woman can do!

Basically, I had a huge smile on my face when I walked through the front door with a box instead of a bag. What a beautiful night it was...

The manna did not stop there, folks. No sir! Chipotle decided to grace us with the presence today and give us some free chips and guacamole. Oh, ever so YUM...

You know the classic kids prayer at dinner time... well, very appropriate here.

Dear Lord, thank you for this food. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment